Bandung Book Fair 2018

September 01, 2018


Information is a necessity for humans. In the development of highly advanced technology as it is now, there are many ways to document things called information. However, one thing that we all can't avoid as a very familiar and irreplaceable way of storing information is book. Thats my opinion.

Well, hi peeps! Welcome.

So, last week, I attended a Book Fair at Landmark, Braga, Bandung. The event was organized by IKAPI (Indonesian Publisher Association) and West Java Provincial Government. From the moment I parked my vehicle, the bazaar area looked crowded. Ah yeah, btw, I went there myself. It wasnt because I didnt have friends,but at that time we didn't find a good time. I could wait till we found time, but I was afraid the book I was looking for has been sold.
Well, starting from the front area, there we will be presented with various food and beverage booths that are usually filled by parents who carried their children to the Book Fair. Stepped a little inside, we could see a large room filled with various books. There were more than 70 booths offering different types of books. From the work of fiction, to nonfiction, from classical to modern, everything was available there.

When I was looking for the book I wanted, my view was instantly diverted towards children running around carried books and showed them to their parents. For some reason, I always like that atmosphere. Because such a thing has denied several points of view that say that the younger generation now has very poor reading interest. Confirming that we cannot generalize things quickly.
During the holding time, the Book Fair area was almost crowded with book lovers. From the sun spread his warmth, until he left home and was replaced by the moon, visitors came in one after another. A smile looked bright, from the face of the booth owner to the prospective buyer. The atmosphere that was pictured was quite warm with conversations interspersed with laughter.
Like other communities who are happy when there are events related to it, book buyers and sellers are very happy with the book fair. They can meet a number of new friends and new knowledge of the results of the conversation during the transaction. Although it is recognized that they are currently helped by the ease of accessing something. Chat to do the transaction from their home using the gadget they have. But still, the atmosphere is different.
In addition, the completeness of the book becomes another factor. Although the condition of the book is not new, it is still worth to be read and added to the collection. Therefore, the agreement between the seller and the buyer I caught is that the book fair offers a stack of books that might not have been thought of before, people could see the condition of the book itself, so there is no disappointment when they have it later.
Finally, I got a number of books that I wanted for a long time. In addition, as said above, I have new friends, knowledge and experience. The reason why I am very happy with the book fair event. A place that can bring pleasure. People's conversations, the bargaining process, and most importantly, the distinctive smell of the book itself. Can't wait for the next Book Fair!***

You Might Also Like

0 comments

No regret, please. Thanks!