Hello, Loneliness.

August 21, 2019

This writing departs from the thought "The more people in the world, the more we feel lonely." Not just a paradox, but it seems time plays its role very well. Always. As it goes on, the intensity of someone in contact with others becomes less and less. Furthermore, he will unconsciously leads us sweetly to a point where the next thought is waiting, "Next, what things can make me happy?"

Well, hi peeps! Welcome.

Have you ever felt lonely when you walked in the middle of a shopping center? I don’t know how to describe it, but in real terms, the situation in the shopping center was very crowded with the people who came one after the others. The visitors walked together hand by hand, and the shop owners were busy offering their products. I guess, some of people felt it.

One day my friend and I went to visit his house at Gasibu, Bandung. I met his grandmother who was watching television. She was a noisy person, told me a lot of things continuously. I was absorbed in listening to the story, until I realized that the house was very quiet. Her son only exists at dusk and at night because of work, her grandchildren go to school and play outside more often. Suddenly, I thought of a moment when her grandchildren were in school, and her children were working. To whom will she share the story later? Loneliness. Oh, Will I be there? Or, when I am there, it's not a problem anymore, because I am used in it. It sucks, I don't live with family because of work. My brother joins me because the university where he studies is in the same city where I work. I often think of the "lonely" situation in my parents. Even though my brother was there to keep them company. Therefore I tip my hat to him.

Stranger talks to stranger. Why do I think it becomes a necessary thing? A very simple concept to at least reduce loneliness. The main solution is to start. We all know, starting something is not an easy thing. Moreover, we often think about people's responses afterwards. Either we are thought to be cool, shameless, or others. So, talking with our old friends could be another ways to kill the loneliness. Although, other problems reappear. Some of our friends already have their own business and too busy to meet and share stories. Or, people will think we have another motive just because our old friends are different gender with us. But, people are free to speculate, right? 

Back to the phenomenon in the previous paragraph, I always imagine and think that even I am not that old, I often feel so lonely. What if when I am in that situations where I have nobody to share my story to. Until the question reappears in my head, "Will we become lonely when we are old?" Maybe we have indeed been outlined like that. I mean, looking at the current situation and conditions, it seems like we have indirectly learned from the old people based on what they do. People can make peace with anything because of something called habit. I often think that one day I will meet a situation where my children will leave me to pursue their dreams, while I can only spend my time to watch some boring programs on television, or reading newspapers while drinking my coffee without having much opportunity to spend time with those who are loved.

I don't know, but I always regret meeting a lot of good friends when I was young, because the possibility of separation is very high, with many reasons that are very acceptable. It will always be my prayer to still be able to spend time with the people I love. If not, I have the second hope, to have enough time so I can share my life stories to my children later.*** 

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. "My children will leave me to pursue their dreams, while I can only spend my time to watch some boring programs on television, or reading newspapers while drinking my coffee".

    Oh man, c'mon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love the way you write it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

No regret, please. Thanks!