A Trip

August 22, 2019

I just sent a hello
To the men who were talking
I believed in a shadow
Who kept awake while the other were sleeping

We were the passengers
Of an opened box car
Couldn’t see ahead
The view was blocked by the thick glass
Then someone painted the sky into red

Some pictures of us
Full of dust

Back
Talked to another passengers
About their destiny
And why did they go alone
Without friends, and family
They smiled leave me no clue
Ended when the wind blew

Day turned into night
Sun replaced by moon
After a long fight
Passengers would leave the car soon
One by one with a tome
A gift to people at home
As far as the car moved
People reached the address
Till the rest were
An old man and me

Oh sir
We used to talk as an old friend
The old man with a sweet smile
I felt sad in a moment we shook our hands
More when you said goodbye
I was alone then
When the car passed an empty land
Just stare to the brightest star
Oh it was so far

Asked to another me
Where is the driver carrying me?
And how long it will be?
Wait, why am I feeling lonely?
Where are my family?

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Gw suka banget sih puisi ini. Bikin nginget lagi keadaan saat ini, dan dengan siapa kita menjalani kehidupan , asek. Tapi pas baca ini keingetnya lagu Kodaline yang "Way Back When". Semacam ost buat baca puisi ini lah. Damn this poem is too good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it my friend! Join our club on facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1088337817899168

    ReplyDelete

No regret, please. Thanks!