1987 "The Truth Untold" Drama Performance

January 12, 2019

When we are silent, the people above will stomp us cruelly, and when we speak out to fight, they will swiftly get rid of us in various ways that can be done. This makes some people choose to be quiet and [lay safe, even though they know that many people will be happy with it. Only a few who dare to fight and are ready with all the consequences that will be accepted, because they know, when someone is on the right path, then there is nothing to fear.   

Well, hi peeps! Welcome.



So, on Tuesday, 12th of December, I went to a drama performance which held at Indonesia University of Education. The show was performed by Korean Department students, I am forgot what semester are they, in the first or the second level. The Drama entitled “1987 (The Truth Untold)”. A story about Korean students who were struggling to escape from authoritarian government. How they fought for the rights of everyone when others chose to silent because the threats were circulating everywhere during the administration. Nevertheless, they were not afraid to shout justice.

Actually, that was not my first time to watch drama performance, but ya, every show has their power. And at this one, even the artistic, acting, voice and the lighting were not better than the show that I watched mostly, but I could feel the emotion of the player and the story when they played it, and the message of the story, the most important thing. I think because it is so close with us, the student of university. I know that they have more “power” than other people because I joined the organization while I was a student. Moreover, the same story has happened in our country, Indonesia about 20 years ago.

So, thank you for the good performance, how they delivered the story and the message was good. I tip my hat to you guys. In addition, they increase my knowledge, because from the show, I know the story from another country.*** 




You Might Also Like

0 comments

No regret, please. Thanks!